It’s one of my favorite times of year – fall. Even though the days are growing shorter, I love the chilled evenings and cool breeze that just makes this time of year feel like a fresh start. It’s great to step outside and view the beautiful trees, leaves and color changes—it’s just a feeling of warmth. While I love the fall scene it’s important to transition this into your home so it is warm and inviting.
One of the questions I receive from my readers is how to shift from the summer outdoors to fall warmth. Now is the time of year where you’ll spend more time around your home or with family for the holidays, so you want to keep your home reflecting the spirit of the season.
A key way to make this transition is to add great fall accessories from Wayfair. Select items that still accentuate your current décor, but give you the fall look and transition to holidays you are trying to achieve. Wayfair has a plethora of styles that coincide with any design, and will fabulously fit any budget. It is a great way to get the look that you want, while using those savings to go all out for holiday shopping.
Here are some great tips to make a fall transition and design your home so it is warm and inviting:
1. Brighten a room with a stylish floor lamp or a sleek desk lamp– summer always exudes bright colors and beautiful hues, but fall doesn’t have to be dark and dingy. It should still deliver fresh lighting and inspiring colors.
2. Eliminate anything that doesn’t inspire you or make you happy – walk through your home and pull out anything that you simply don’t like. When you get that excited feeling from what you see, then you know it’s worth keeping around.
3. Use stylish mirrors to expand the size of your space and create beautiful accents. See these examples that will beautify your walls and make your space look bigger!
4. Use a throw blanket to brighten up a dull sofa and make your old spaces look new. It’s amazing what great color can do for what may feel are basic color patterns. Plus a throw blanket is a great way to stay warm and cozy during those cold winter nights in front of the fireplace.
5. Add holiday lighting to reflect the spirit of the season. There’s nothing that says “holidays” more than lights that brighten outdoor or indoor space. Have fun with it and enjoy!
I hope these tips help you transition into one of my favorite times of year. I’d love to see your photos – tag me @rheamilittleton or #prettyfabuloushome so I can stay engaged with your transition.